Saturday 19 July 2014

Udis Gluten Free breads

I had already tried Udis bagels, and I was curious about their Tiger bread, spotted at the Allergy Show.
I was lucky to get a sample pack and another one of their multi seeded rolls.

There was some Tiger bread to taste at the stall, but I think it might have been cut a while ago, as it felt a bit dry.

Nothing to do with the lovely sample pack I got. It was very soft and very nice, and I've been eating it for the whole week afterwards, only being a bit crumbly towards the end.

What I'll do next time I have a packet is to freeze half so that even if it's just one of me, the second half will be as lovely as the first.

I also got some of the multi seeded rolls to try, and they were very very nice. I toasted them and had them with some ham. A fantastic treat!

The Tiger bread is available at large Tescos (£2.50) and online during their Lifestyle Food fair (till end August, 4 for 3 offer).
 Hopefully if there are enough sales they'll keep them going forward.

Tiger bread ingredients: Tapioca Starch,Water ,Rice Flour ,Potato Starch ,Rapeseed Oil ,Humectant (Glycerine) ,Psyllium Husk Powder ,Egg White Powder ,Yeast ,Thickener (Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose) ,Dextrose ,Potato Fibre ,Salt ,Sugar ,Preservative (Calcium Propionate)

Multi Seeded Rolls ingredients: Maize Starch, Water, Mixed Seeds [10%] (Sunflower, Linseed, Poppy), Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Yeast, Black Treacle, Rapeseed Oil, Thickeners (Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum),Psyllium Husk Powder, Potato Protein Isolate, Humectant (Glycerine), Sugar, Salt, Potato Fibre, Preservative (Calcium Propionate), Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid) May contain Egg

Happy to recommend both products.

No comments:

Post a Comment