Wednesday 25 June 2014

Kimchee Korean restaurant - Gluten Free menu


Dolsot Bibimbap
I recently spotted Kimchee on High Holborn while looking for a place to eat in the area.
I've head that Korean food is good for gluten-free eating as they use rice wraps and rice noodles.
The menu looked very tasty, but as I wanted to be sure, I got in touch with them by email to find out my options.
They were very attentive and sent me their separate gluten free menu, brilliant!
The restaurant is nicely decorated, all dark wood and indirect lighting, very welcoming, with very friendly staff.
Kim Seaweed
It is quite a large restaurant, and we were lucky to get there around 7pm, as it was completely packed by 8pm with a good mix of Korean and non Korean customers.

I tried two starters:
+ Kimchee, layers of pickled Chinese cabbage with garlic and chilli. It was fantastic for me, a pickle lover
+ Kim, thin sheets of seaweed, very nice too

As main course I had Dolsot Bibimbap, Tofu served in a sizzling stone pot, with sticky rice, vegetables and egg, that you mix together at the table. It arrives with a side sauce, though I cannot remember what was in it. I love the mix of flavours and the fact that the food stays hot in the pot while you eat, so even if you are a slow eater your food is always warm for you.
There was someone nearby eating one of the barbacue dishes (served with lettuce wraps) that looked delicious too, I'll have to go back ;)
The price is also very reasonable, under £10 for main dishes and around £3 for sides and small dishes. I'd recommend it!

Kimchee
71 High Holborn, London WC1V 6EA
Tel: 020 7430 0956
http://www.kimchee.uk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment