Monday 14 October 2013

Gluten Free Pancakes at My Old Dutch, Oh Dear!

I went to My Old Dutch yesterday with the Gluten Free London Club. I was looking forward to some pancakes as I haven't been able to make any gluten free and dairy free myself that tasted ok. I ordered the Amsterdammer, with bacon, apple and maple syrup and it was delicious. The pancake was moist and sweet and the toppings complemented each other brilliantly. I would definitely recommend (see update below) a visit to any flourless eaters out there, but make sure you call in advance to let them know you'll be eating gluten free. We were a group of 10 and only managed to get 6 GF pancakes, thankfully there were 3 gluten eating people in the group, and we all donated a bit to the 7th GF eater. Sadly we didn't get a chance to eat dessert, which we were all looking forward to.
UPDATE: oh dear, I thought it was just me, but of the 7 we went, at least 5 of us have been sick afterwards... Another member went a week later and also got sick... Not good, not going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment