Monday 21 April 2014

GBK - Gourmet Burger Kitchen New Gluten Free Menu

 I wanted to try the new gluten free menu at Gourmet Burger Kitchen so I visited over the weekend.
The choice of burgers was excellent, very much like the normal menu, quite a few choices with beef and chicken and a few speciality burgers with lamb, buffalo and vegetarian burgers.

The staff were very nice, and when we said it was our first visit, they explained how it all works in a very friendly manner.
As soon as I asked for the gluten free menu another lovely lady (I think she was the manager) came along to explain why I couldn't have the fries my companion was having, being cooked in the same oil as onion rings and a source of cross contamination.
It was great to see how seriously they are addressing the gluten free menu, I was very pleased.

I ordered the avocado bacon burger, and it looked lovely when it arrived, with lots of avocado and bacon.
I had some GBK homeslaw as a side, which was also nice.

I have to say I would have loved some chips or fries or potato skins or something similar.
Even though every one was lovely and the burger was brilliant too, it would have made me feel more of a valued customer.

I had an elderflower fizz to drink and it was really lovely, and you can get free refills of any of the fizz drinks, thanks!

Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend GBK for any gluten free eaters out there.



To make the experience even better, I'd suggest having chips on the gluten free menu too, and adding one of the many gluten free beers to the drinks menu.
Go on....

1 comment:

  1. Gracias por compartir esta informacion
    Hemos ido ayer a este restaurante y tienen las mejores hamburguesas que he probado en Londres
    Ademas tienen pan sin gluten bastante conseguido conocen bien el tema
    Las patatas sin sin gluten pero las frien en aceite usado,una lastima
    En cambio recomiendo la mazorca de maiz como acompaƱamiento,estan sublimes

    ReplyDelete